As claimed, Java is one of the best technologies created for the Web content purposes, what makes it so valuable is that all browsers support it and most of the web sites include it. Nowadays more than 95% of enterprises use Java for desktops. Most top rated java technology is junit testing framework, namely 4 out of 5 developers use it for work, Jenkins technologies comes second being used by 70% of developers.
Java is positioned not exclusively as a programming language, Java is a platform, which a true specialist can rely on combining various software packages and turning them into one.
A Java IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is a software created for debugging and writing Java programs in the easier to handle environment. Like a specialized editor IDE can facilitate the work significantly by providing the syntax highlight, those will also automatically close the codes so that a one should not worry about missing essential closures, this makes making Java project much more easy write and implement.
As the matter of fact, programmers spend a great pile of time buried in java code, that’s why the right IDE can facilitate their working process efficiency. For the newcomer it can be quite hard to select appropriate one, that’s why we gathered the most popular 11 IDE variants, widely approved by coders and programmers around the world.
Best IDEs for Java Programmers:
- IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition
- Android Studio
- Enide Studio 2014
Eclipse claims to be the best and the most convenient Java IDE, as it’s also written on Java, let’s check this statement by creating the elementary project in the Java programming language! Acquired skills can be then used and polished for creating java projects of various complexity.
Creating a Project in Java
1. Launch the Eclipse, make sure Java projection is open. Go to the main menu “File” -> “New” -> “Java Project”.
2. In the window, we introduce the name of the project. The project will be located in the directory specified as the Workspace. Leave other settings as they are, for the project implementation default JRE system wil be used and source files will be placed in folder “src”.
3. In the next dialog, move on to the tab “Libraries”. Don’t change anything yet, but remember that on this tab can be used for adding optional Java libraries. Click “Finish”.
4. You’ve created an empty project, to continue the work you need to add the packages and classes. You can begin to create classes, then they will be located in the so-called “default package”, but it is not highly recommended. Put all your classes into packages.
5. Create a package via the context menu. Right-click on the “src” folder and select “New” -> “Package”. The same can be done by clicking the “New Java Package” on the toolbar.
6. In the dialog box, we paste the package name that must be unique in order to avoid name confusions, as a rule, developers invert the domain name, you can also do so.
In the following example, the name was randomly picked “my.code.java”, while our source files are located on this path – [Project folder] /src/my /code/ java/ [original class files]. Click “Finish”.
7. A new package has been added to the java project. Now create the main class of the program, it should be public – public and contain the function “main” the entry point into the program.
8. Create a class through the context menu. Right-click on the package and select “New” -> “Class”. The same can be done by clicking the “New Java Class” on the toolbar.
9. In the New Class dialog box, enter its name.
Select the option “public static void main (String  args)”, thereby you make the command for IDE to create the function with the mentioned name. Click to finish.
10. You see the structure of the project and the class file with a JAVA extension. In the center – the source code of the class, on the right – class browser, showing the structure of packages.
11. In the image below we turned view “Outline”, pressing the “Minimize” in the left panel. Also, it enables the display of line numbers in the editor, for this right-click it in the left panel, and select “Show Line Numbers” (context menu).
12. Edit the source code, insert the instruction for line output to the console. System.out.println ( “Your line”). Do not forget to use the prompts and auto-completion – begin to enter the code and hit Ctrl + Space.
How to Run a Java Project
To test the functionality of the program, press “Run” button on the toolbar. The first time testing? Then you need to choose how to run a program like a normal application or as an applet. Select “Java Application” option.
Your first console Java application is compiled and executed. In the “Console” on the bottom panel of the main IDE window, you will see the presentation of the program, namely – our line created. Compiled class files with the CLASS extension can be found in the project folder -> “bin”.
Choosing a Cool Java Project
When lots of programming assignments are looming in front of you it is hard to understand which one can catch your attention and capture the enthusiasm for the long run in order to lead the project to the final implementation stage. For the students who need to make a project in Java final assignment can be quite decisive, that’s why many students opt for java assignment help. Every other young professional you will be competing with will struggle to make the most memorable impact with their project. The more elaborate the work will be the better chances your project will get, so make sure you’ve selected the best project idea, however, the recent trend proves that colleges and universities seemingly adopted a new trend in java project evaluation. According to it the assignment is judged rather by the value it can bring to the world rather than by the quality of coding or beautiful design.
7 Most Interesting Java Projects with Source Codes
The following list represents the java project titles of the real final year students work. From big web applications to mini projects, featuring the source codes and databases, documentation and ppt’s.
- Career Information Management System Java Project
- Digital Steganography Java Project
- Data Visualization Software Java Project
- Online Examination Management System Java Project
- Knowledge Evaluator Software Java Project
- Event Management System Java Project
- Virtual Private Network Java Project
Seems nothing comes closer to the Java programming when it comes to the highest standards of work, efficiency of processes and simplicity of functioning. Developers from all around the world use Java daily and stay grateful that one day they made a right decision about programming language even though it is not one of the easiest to master. A tricky task of creating a cool Java based project needs a profound Java knowledge and Java platform understanding but once the marketing value and potential is proven your project can shoot and make you rich and famous.